Age UK Norfolk Advocacy Coordinator Role
Advocacy Coordinator – Age UK Norfolk Head Office (Old Catton)
Hours: 25 hours per week (Over 4 or 5 days including Mondays)
Rate of pay: £12,779 per annum
Department: Information, Advice and Advocacy
Age UK Norfolk is a local charity providing support to those over 50 in Norfolk. We offer a number of services including; Information and Advice, Advocacy, Telephone Befriending and many other essential services.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who can support the delivery of specialist advocacy services to older people in Norfolk.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for providing and through the provision of volunteer support, a high quality Advocacy Service to older people and their carers.
- Undertaking a caseload of complex advocacy cases and provide continuity of service.
- To work in partnership with organisations and stakeholders across the voluntary, statutory and health sectors.
- Be able to proactively manage own workload.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to travel within the county - will need to be a driver and have access to own vehicle.
For a copy of the job description or to apply please send your CV and covering letter to the People and Development team firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 785225 for more information. Closing date: Tuesday 26th September 2017 at 12.00 noon, Interviews will be held on Wednesday 4th October 2017. Only successful shortlisted candidates will be contacted