Controlling Migration Fund Launched
The Controlling Migration Fund focuses on responding to the problems caused by high migration into localities as identified by local authorities and will deliver benefits to the established resident population. The Fund has two parts.
- A local service impacts part of £100m, to help English local authorities and their communities experiencing high and unexpected volumes of immigration to ease pressures on local services.
- An enforcement part worth £40m to direct enforcement action against people in the UK illegally in order to reduce the pressure on local areas.
Themes of proposals that will be considered:
- Activities to build community cohesion and encourage integration
- Tackling the increase in rough sleeping by non-UK nationals
- Tackling rogue landlords
- Other approaches
- Evidence and local intelligence