There are a wide variety of programmes and courses that Adult Learning offer varying from functional skills and helping people achieve skills in English and Maths (and then progressing further), all the way to enjoying a LeisureStream course, in which you can learn a new hobby or skill and broaden you social circle. The family courses and functional skills are free courses and we also offer employability skill to help people gain employment. Below is further information on just some of the courses we offer:
- • Functional Skills (English, maths and IT - free) and GCSEs - Foundation skills include reading, writing, maths and using a computer. We know that people with these skills are better equipped to get work, stay in work and progress and take part in community life.
- • Community learning – For those looking for opportunities to return to learning, gain a new skill or interest and progress onto further learning. There are a wide range of programmes to choose from. Community Learning courses are partly subsidised.
- • Learning disabilities – we also have a range of courses for people with learning difficulties.
- • Vocational qualifications– we offer a wide range of vocational courses that provide the practical skills, theory and workplace understanding people need to get ready for employment. For those looking to progress in their current job or re-train in a new profession.
- • Apprenticeships - are an opportunity for a career with a real employer, earning a real salary and attaining a real qualification whilst gaining valuable workplace skills and experience.
- • Citizen’s Curriculum (or bespoke provision) – we are offering packages of courses to businesses and groups of people dependant on their needs. We can offer skills for those re-entering the job market and help with interviewing. These are bespoke courses so that all areas required, are covered.
- • LeisureStream – we have a wide range of LeisureStream courses for those looking to start a new hobby or learn a new skill and also for those looking for social engagement.