Our purpose as a charity is to enable people to make more informed choices concerning their physical, emotional, mental and spiritual well-being, in a way which reflects our belief in unconditional acceptance in order to:
- Actively empower individuals
- Encourage their sense of self worth
- Help them realise their full potential
We will do this through appropriate and feasible feedback and sustained contact with other professionals.
The Matthew Project is a value driven organisation, originating from a Christian perspective and believing in no compromise on hope for people's lives no matter what their situation. We pride ourselves on our ethos of compassion, care, creativity and integrity in all areas of work.
Through our varied services, young people and adults receive professional advice, information, counselling, support, care and education.
The Matthew Project has workers based throughout Norfolk and Suffolk in both rural and urban areas. Our work takes place in a variety of settings including schools, youth venues, police stations, courts, in the community and at our own premises.
We work with the individual but also worried parents, carers and young people whose parents use drugs or alcohol.
- A telephone helpline for everyone within Norfolk & Suffolk who need support or have questions on drugs and alcohol.
- Dynamic education so young people understand the risks of drugs and alcohol.
- Free, confidential help.
- Honest, accurate and appropriate information.
- Support for parents and families of drug or alcohol users.