Wonder+ Scheme - support for women offenders and those at risk of offending in Norfolk
Who is the Wonder+ Scheme available to?
The service is available to women living in Norfolk, or intending to live in Norfolk, aged over 18 years of age, involved in the Criminal Justice System or at risk of becoming involved and who meet the following criteria:
- • Attending one of the Police Investigation Centres (PICs) in Wymondham, Kings Lynn, Aylsham, Great Yarmouth and Bury St Edmunds, OR
- • Engaging with the local policing teams and/or teams within the Early Help Hubs across the county, OR
- • In receipt of support from another statutory or voluntary agencies but requiring more specialist support.
What are the benefits of working with the Wonder+ Scheme?
The team will provide a non-judgemental, safe and confidential space. We will work alongside the woman to develop an individually tailored support plan which will incorporate their needs and goals. We offer support, advice, guidance and advocacy, both practical and emotional, in areas such as:
- • Housing
- • Benefits / finance
- • Education, training and employment
- • Building / sustaining positive relationships (family, children, friends)
- • Mental and physical wellbeing (including sexual health)
- • Problematic substance and alcohol use
- • Risky behaviour
- • Domestic / sexual abuse and violence
- • The opportunity to receive support with the aim of preventing further involvement with the Criminal Justice System.